How Paynearby migrated its payment system to AWS and handled 2.5 cr transactions per day.
Paynearby is one of the largest branchless banking and digital network systems in India. Operating on a B2B2C model, it partners with neighborhood retail stores and enables them with the tools to provide digital and financial services to local communities. Through their tech-led DaaS (Distribution as a Service) network, they serve 75% of India.
- Their Aadhar Enabled Payment System was running on a primitive setup
- The application was facing heavy load so scalability and reliability was critical.
- The current data center setup for their payment system was pushing their cost high
- We were able to migrate our crucial application to AWS with minimal downtime by utilizing the DRS service.
- The infrastructure was secured according to compliance standards using AWS Security Hub, for increased reliability.
- Implemented an AEPS DR setup for high availability within the region.
- Increased or decreased RDS instances based on customer needs for scalability.
- Created two read replicas to reduce load on the primary server for load management.
- Archived large tables to improve query performance and reduce storage, and enabled automated backups for easy data restoration without loss.
- Implemented a highly scalable infrastructure that can handle upto 2.5cr transactions/day seamlessly.
- Improved AEPS performance upto 300%.
- Implemented AWS WAF to secure the environment from DDOS, and other cyber related attacks.
- Migrating to AWS reduced Infrastructure cost 40%.