Reducing cloud cost by 50% for Klub one of India's largest Revenue Based Financing investor
Klub is a fintech play providing growth financing to high-affinity brands. Klub’s investment platform, which utilizes financial innovation, community engagement, and deep data-driven analytics, provides skin-in-the-game growth capital to entrepreneurs of much-loved brands across sectors.
- Lack of visibility into cost drivers: Klub had limited visibility into the factors driving their cloud costs, making it difficult to identify areas for optimization.
- Unused resources: Klub had a large number of unused and underutilized resources, leading to unnecessary costs.
- Multiple workloads for nonprod environment: overall development cost was equal to the total number of nonprod environments which was high.
- To address these challenges, shellkode AWS's advance partner helped them implement a multi-phased approach
- Cost optimization assessment: Conducted a comprehensive cost optimization assessment to identify opportunities across the company's AWS environment.
- Rightsizing and resizing: Based on the assessment, recommended rightsizing and resizing of resources to eliminate unused and underutilized resources, reducing the company's cloud costs.
- Decommission unused resources: Based on the assessment a huge number of unused services were decommissioned.
- Share nonprod environment: Shared resources for all the nonprod workloads helped in reducing the cost significantly.
- Cost savings: Klub was able to achieve significant cost savings through implementing our recommendations, reducing their cloud costs by a staggering 50%.
- Increased visibility: The company gained greater visibility into its cloud costs, enabling them to make more informed decisions and better allocate resources.
- Improved efficiency: Older versions of instance type was replaced by gravitation instance.
Overall, the cost optimization efforts enabled Klub to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and gain greater visibility into their cloud costs, improving their bottom line and enabling them to invest in other areas of their business.
AWS cost explorer